[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: bitstreamout-0.44d plugin (AC3 loop through over sound card)

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 05:39:49PM +0100, Zierath Bernd wrote:

> Hi,
>
> first of all thank's for the very good work!
>
> The plugin is working very stable since 0.44 on my system here
>
> VDR 1.1.26
> Activy 300
> Terratec i512
> sony dav s800
>
> is it possible to route the normal audio if there is no AC3 on the channel also over the plugin to the spdif without a cable frome the DVBS?

This would require a real time software decoder for MPEG Audio within
the plugin.  The plugin does not decode any data but forward it (loop through).
The better way is to use a cable connected from the S/P-DIF out of the
DVBS forward to the S/P-DIF of the sound card to use the hardware decoder
of the DVBS.  This also saves CPU time and ensures that A/V is in sync.

      Werner