[vdr] Re: console plugin ARGL

On Donnerstag, 27. März 2003 13:47 Stefan Lang wrote:
> Damn! I can't open a console in vdr! Syslog always says  "No keyboard
> available" That's a lie, for sure! I'm holdin' it in my hands! :-)
>
> I did anything mentioned here on the ML:
> 1) I started vdr by hand with runvdr!
> 2) I'm not using the -d option in runvdr
> 3) I compiled vdr (1.1.25 with AIO3) with and without NO_KBD=1
>
> What's goin' on here?
> Any further hints?
> Does it matter whether or not I use the -t option of vdr?

Did you try starting VDR manually using runvdr compiled with NO_KBD=1 without
-d on a console in the foregroung using

./runvdr -v <videodir> -P console

?! That way it just has to work, except there is something really really wrong
at your place ;)

If you want it in the background (starting runvdr using nohup etc.) you will
need a -t option and you will also need to disable the console in
/etc/inittab (like if you use /dev/tty6 disable the login prompt on console 6
first)

Greets,
Sascha Volkenandt