[vdr] Re: CAM problems (was: Re: VDR developer version 1.1.26)

Norbert Schmidt wrote:

> Am Sonntag, 23. März 2003 17:15 schrieben Sie:
> > Norbert Schmidt wrote:
> > > Hi Klaus,
> > >
> > > first of all. The situation seems to get better ;-). I tried
> > > the new version with dvb-1.0.0pre2 and experienced less
> > > dramatic crashes than with the vdr-1.1.24/driver combination.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately there are still more or less frequently crashes
> > > due to "CAM: Read failed" with successfull restarts within
> > > some (10-20) seconds.
> >
> > Can you please try the patch at
> >
> >   ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/cam-1.1.26.diff
> >
> > which limits CAM access to channels that actually have a non-zero
> > Ca value and completely suppresses it during replay. Maybe this
> > helps with your problem (although my hopes are not too high...).
>
> Hi Klaus,
>
> unfortunately and as you expected, there is no improvement.
> Anyway THANX for your efforts. If there is anything I can do
> to give you more information, let me know.
>
> In any case I will make a hw-test next weekend because I am
> still not shure, wether the irq-sharing (card (0) with cmi8738
> on irq5, card (1) with eth0 on irq11) could cause this problem.
> Although it was discussed before and although my system runs
> stable with 1.1.20. But who knows ;-).

I'm afraid I'll have to postpone any further work on the LL CAM problems
until after VDR version 1.2.0. Until then please use the Root-icam/Dpram-icam
firmware. Note that in that case you should wait about 10 seconds after
to connect to that CAM - which it can't).

I have asked Holger to keep the -icam firmware up-to-date with the LL
version, so that you will have the OSD fix in the -icam FW, too.
The -icam version that is in the CVS right now still has the OSD bug.

Klaus