[vdr] Re: LAN cable length / Streaming Plug-In

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 12:20:22PM +0200, J?rg Knitter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in the last days I installed my LAN (Ethernet at 100 MBit/s) at home and
> finally got the streaming plug-in (v0.1.1) work with the Windows VDR
> Stream Player (www.m-i-b-u.de/vdrsp). Unfortunately, there are blocks
> and interruptions in the transmission.

Try forcing the network cards to 10Mbit mode?

In full-duplex, it should provide adequate bandwidth for DVB, given that most
streams are in the 3-4 Mbit/sec region...

A network switch will certainly solve your problems (assuming the problem is
length, and not a badly manufactured cable)

Oh, and thankyou for pointing out www.m-i-b-u.de/vdrsp - I didn't know such a
wonderful piece of software existed! :)))

Cheers,
Gavin.