[vdr] Re: OT: gcc language reference?

"Gerhard Steiner" <steiner@mail.austria.com> wrote:

> does anyone know a complete language reference (and
> description) of the compiler used for vdr?

? pardon, what do you mean? gcc is no language it is a compiler
collection. it can compile C, C++, Objective-C, Ada, Fortran and even
Java. vdr by itself is written in C++, so probably you mean that.

> Sometime I am searching for some functions (e.g. a string
> replacement), but I don't know where to find them.

C++ does not know about strings, so it does not provide you with
functions to manipulate them. you have to use some library or write your
own code to do this. as vdr is allready linked against libc and
stdlibc++ you can safly use the nice funktions implemented there,
without adding bloat or additional dependecies. libc str*() functions
are dokumented in man strcmp, man strcat, man strspn, ....

for a list of possible functions do "apropos string" on the command
line.

hope that helps ...
clemens