[vdr] Re: CAM Read Error

2003-04-08, k keltezéssel Adrian Carpenter ezt írta:
> Humn, I tried that earlier, I can't say whether or not it works for me with
> the old firmware because I can't get it to work with the old firmware, if I
> revert to using it, the "Convergence" logo starts to scroll off the screen
> and then halts, menawhile on the console I get an error saying something
> like sync error or outcommand error - VDR doesn't work and generally run's
> very slowly - the CAM definately for me doesn't work with the old firmware.
>
> I'm not sure whether the problem with the old firmware is related to my
> machine, maybe it's because it's an athlon - I seem to remember outcommand
> problems being due to interrupt issues, but I really can't face setting my
> my old 500 Mhz PII and installing RedHat 8 and recompiling the kernel to get
> VDR to work (At least not at the moment!).
>
> Does anybody else have the Rev 1.6 3.5" cam working with either firmware?

I don't know the revision, and can't look at it as I've built it into my
machine, but this is a Fujitsu-Siemens CI I've bought last summer.

I have similar problems as you have.
The new LL firmware partially works with vdr 1.1.26. This means that
some encrypted channels works, some doesn't. No error message. Vdr runs
fine. A non-working channel means blank screen and silence.

With the old, non-LL firmware (CVS version updated today) now I can
start my CAM. As someone recommended here, make insmod, wait 10 secs,
start vdr. This works and all encrypted channels are working.
When I start vdr without waiting 10 secs, vdr reports outcommand errors
and an arm crash after a few seconds.

Regards,
Slapic

--
Pilatus-Comp Ltd. HUNGARY * The Linux Expert * pilatuscomp@linux.co.hu
http://www.linux.co.hu * Phone: +36-1-2481816 * Fax: +36-1-2481817

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --
-- File: signature.asc