[vdr] Re: timers.conf sometimes disapear

Jürgen Schilling wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a strange behaviour with my vdr installation. Somtimes the
> timers.conf will disapear and all timers are removed. I am running vdr
> 1.1.25 with AC3overDVB patch and master timer. I do not know the exact
> problem but IMHO vdr hanging up or crashes while timers.conf was removed
> from harddisk. Last night vdr had a watchdog timeout and vdr was hanging and
> a killall -9 vdr did not bring him back. After reboot, vdr worked, but all
> timers are gone.

Could it be that "Master Timer" clears the timer list and doesn't reload it?
I can hardly imagine that VDR itself would lose all its timers. When writing
the timers.conf file it uses cSafeFile to make sure the original file is not
touched until the new file is written, and finally it renames the temporary
file to the original name.

Klaus