[vdr] Re: vdr cuts recordings with ugly artifacts at cutting-points

On 13 Apr 2003 "Wiljo Heinen" <wiljo@offeryn.de> wrote:

> In short: Typically the GOPs in DVB-transmission are not "closed", which
> means there are frames referring to a previous GOP. Cutting at I-frame
> borders now places are different (earlier) GOP as the "previous" one, which
> results in artefacts, as the B-frames are now reconstructed on a wrong
> reference.

Isn't there a possibility to mark the first GOP as "broken" or
something like that. I mean this is such a way, that the decoder
doesn't display this GOP, but has data for reference from the
following (second) GOP.

If this is possible, VDR could simply cut one GOP before the
actual cutting point and mark this GOP as "broken".

In my format description in a GOP header 0x01b8 there are two
flags: drop_frame_flag (byte4, bit7) and broken_GOP (byte7 bit5).
But I don't know what they actualy mean.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan