[vdr] Re: Hardware recommendation?

Hi Pije,

Hi Martin, I've the asus p4pe and its good, and stable. But you need a cpu over 2,5 ghz.
Why do you need a CPU >2,5 GHz? I am happy with my 800MHz Duron
(I don't do the mplayer stuff...)

The only trouble I had was the powersupply, I had to buy an "high-end" psu which brings enough standby power.
Thanks for that... I want to get a low noise power supply.
Du you know what numbers do I have to look for (Which voltage and
how many amper?)

I also can recommand you an good cpu-cooler, the intel-standard cpu cooler is very noisy.
OK, I wanted to go for the Intel, just changed my mind.

I first tried to run suse 8, but there were some troubles with acip, then I got gentoo and there everything (in relation to the hardware :-) ) runs fine. I don't know if the irda runs, if an homebrew serial receiver.
greets peje
I don't have enough time for gentoo, but I all the time use a do it yourself kernel.

Thanks

SMartin