[vdr] [OT] video tools and wine (was :Re: Re: editing and converting VDR recordings)

Am Mittwoch, 23. April 2003 11:50 schrieben Sie:

> > with
> > wine to run but was not successfull so far. (dvd2avi is working, tmpeg
> > starts
> > too, but it seems avisynth is not working properly I get allways 10
> > seconds
> > == 250 frames black video out of tmpg.
>
> On http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/ you get an MPEG2-VFAPI-Plugin for
> TMPGEnc, but I don´t know if it works with Wine.

Seems to work. I have to doubleproof it wasn't possible before, but if I
rename a say 001.vdr to 001.mpg i can Open it direct in Tmpeg and reencode
it.

> For analyzing an
> MPEG-File, I recommend the Windows-Tool ReStream at
> http://shh.dvdboard.de. With this tool, you can also patch the
> resolution and export the intra and non-intra matrices of the MPEG-file.
> I was told that if you use the matrix of the original video in TMPGEnc
> for reencoding, you get best quality.

Restream is working too here.

Further:
- Avisynth seem too work (just have some syntax errors in the avisynth
scripts)
- virtual dub is working
- dvd2avi works
- Tmpeg works
- pvastrumento works with actual recordings,  but gives an illegal stream
error or some other error with some of my older recordings (already cutted)
(Wiljo are you interested in a sample file ?) (is Wiljo reading the list at
all ?)

Does someone know a place there this can be discussed and is a bit more on
topic then here ? I guess there are others that  trying the same too.

Greets

Steffen