[vdr] Convert VOBs/MPEG2 with AC3 to VDR files

Hi,

is there any solution to convert VOB files or an MPEG2 containing MP2
and/or AC3 sound to the VDR format for editing?

The reason for this: German Pro7 channel is going to repeat StarWars
EP4-6 again with DD sound. I already have the recordings from last year
(including AC3 and MP2), but already stored on DVD-R in
DVD-Movie-format. Now, I want to correct the 'old' cuts with parts of
the 'new' version hoping that the commercials are broadcast at different
times.

My idea: Convert the DVD to VDR, cut out the important scenes, copy
those files together with the new recorded version, use genindex and
then cut both versions together.

Any hints?

Jörg