[vdr] ANNOUNCE: Client/Server Streaming 0.0.2 (vdr-streamdev-0.0.2)

Hi list,

Available at: http://www.magoa.net/linux/index.php?view=streamdev

This Release features:
- HTTP-Server
- TS-Streaming (AC3 and Teletext on a VDR-Client)
- Basic connection recovery

CHANGES since 0.0.1a:
- Device is not deactivated anymore, since VDR does that itself
- Server is correctly deactivated, so it can be faultlessly reactivated
- Did some major code cleanup
- Added new command to the PROTOCOL (to negotiate stream types)
- Added the possibility to stream TS between two VDR's (which adds the
  possibility of having AC3, Teletext etc. on the client) - this is
  autonegotiated
- Streamtype can be changed in the setup menu, if TS works too unreliable
- Fixed a bug in multi-threaded device operation
- Sharing an epg.data with a server will be possible even if there is no
  DVB-Device present
- Added a basic HTTP daemon to the server code

This PlugIn is a VDR implementation of the VTP (Video Transfer Protocol)
Version 0.0.2 (see file PROTOCOL) and a basic HTTP Streaming Protocol.

It consists of a server and a client part, but both parts are compiled
together
with the PlugIn.

The client part acts as a full Input Device, so it can be used in conjunction
with a DXR3-Card to act as a working VDR installation without any
DVB-Hardware.

The server part acts as a Receiver-Device and works transparently in the
background within your running VDR. It can serve multiple clients and it can
distribute multiple DVB cards to multiple clients.

It is possible to attach as many clients as the bus and network can handle, as
long as there is a DVB-Device which can receive a specific channel. Multiple
channels homed on the same transponder can be broadcasted with a single
DVB-Card.

Additional clients can be programmed using the Protocol Instructions inside
the PROTOCOL file. I have already started an X/Qt-Client based on mplayer,
but it is far from being finished right now. If anyone has too many spare
time,
and wishes to continue that work, feel free to contact me and I'll give you
the source of what I already have.

Greetings and have fun,
Sascha Volkenandt