[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: vdr-osdteletext-0.3.1

On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 08:56:00PM +0200, Andreas Schultz wrote:
> On Saturday 03 May 2003 20:43, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > A general word about this: the autopid patch is (as far as I can see)
> > highly experimental and work in progress. Yet many people believe they
>
> that is what i always said, but it look's people are desperate to play with
> new toys ;-)

yes ;-)

> > absolutely need this! Please be aware that the upcoming official VDR
> > version 1.2.0 will _not_ contain this patch, so plugin developers should
> > not change their plugins in a way that _requires_ the autopid patch -
> > unless they want their plugins _not_ to work with the official VDR version
> > 1.2.0, or want to maintain two different versions...
>
> /ACK

Full ACK.

> The patch should not affect plugins. Some changes however have a good chance
> of doing just that. Any plugin failure cause by the autopid patch should be
> fixed in the autopid patch and _NOT_ in the plugin unless it is truely a bug
> of course.

I *think* the vdr-osdteletext plugin have problems with these horrible
TPIDs from the autopid-patch (as i stated yesterday)

If you are tuned to a channel with valid TPID, the osdteletext-Plugin
works just fine. If you are tuned to a channel with say TPID=471147110815
vdr crashes after some minutes.

> Andreas

Ciao,
Andreas
--
Andreas Kool (akool@akool.de * akool@isdn4linux.de * http://www.akool.de)
PGP: 3FBF2411 Fingerprint: B5 35 34 74 25 60 2A 7A  89 06 92 C4 08 BA A5 BD