[vdr] Re: Remote Plugin/DVB-Driver problem

Joerg Schneide wrote:
> With the formerly used vdr 1.1.15 (wich came with the MLD
> 0.1.0.beta5) I created my own hauppauge.rc5 and remote.conf for RC5
> codes higher than 0x3f to solve the problem that my TV set uses the
> same codes as the Hauppauge RC. I use a programmable RC to generate
> the different codes.
>
> Since 1.1.30 (or any version of the remote plugin or the drivers used
> after 1.1.15) the RC5 codes detected by the card are the same for TV
> and vdr again. It seems that the 2 MSBits of the codes are masked
> out, so values above 0x3f begins at 0x00 again.

RC5 specifies 5 address bits and 6 data bits.

Old drivers ignored the upper 3 address bits and used the lower 2 address
bits plus 6 data bits for the keycode (0..0xff).

Recent drivers use only 6 data bits for the keycode (0..0x3f).
For maximum backward compatibilty all address bits are ignored by
default, i.e. the driver listens to *all* addresses.

Pass the '-a' parameter to av7110_loadkeys and the driver will
listen to the specified address only.

From DVB/apps/av7110_loadkeys/README:
| If you have two or more devices which use the same IR protocol,
| you should specify the -a or --address parameter. If the parameter
| is omitted, the driver listens to all device addresses. Some examples:
|
| Listen to *any* IR transmitter with uses the RC5 protocol:
| # ./av7110_loadkeys hauppauge.rc5 > /proc/av7110_ir
|
| Listen to RC5 transmitter with address 2:
| # ./av7110_loadkeys -a 2 hauppauge.rc5 > /proc/av7110_ir
|
| If you don't know the correct value for the -a parameter, take a look
| on the debug output of the driver (see below).

HTH,

Oliver