[vdr] Re: cReceivers in plugins

Jan Ekholm wrote:

> What can be done to make a plugin start after the privary device is
> initialized? Activating the plugin later from the menu is a kludge (that
> would work, of course), and makes it harder to test (can't really do it
> over ssh, need access to the remote control and TV, which means sneakernet
> traffic).

This is kind of a "chicken & egg" problem, since the primary device might
be implemented through a plugin itself. I actually wonder why the line

  if ( cDevice::PrimaryDevice()->AttachReceiver ( m_receiver )) {

doesn't crash, since the primary device pointer should be NULL at that time.

You should do as suggested by Sascha and implement a cStatus, in which you
can monitor the ChannelSwitch() calls. That way you can also detach your
receiver when the channel is switched and reconnect it when the new channel
is there.

Klaus