[vdr] Re: DVB over emu10k1 !?

On Tue, 6 May 2003 11:51:13 +0200
Dieter Bloms <dieter@bloms.de> wrote:

Hi Dieter!

> Hi Armin,
>
> On Tue, May 06, Armin Janssen wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to send the sounf from the DVB-card (1.3) to an
> > emu10k1 soundcard and then to an 5.1 soundsystem?
> > I've running an vdr-1.1.30 and it works realy good, but sound only
> > in stereo :-(
> > Can anyone help me?
>
> if you use the plugin bitstreamout, you only need the alsa driver
> (0.9.2 works great for me).

what do i need to install it? are there any hardware-modifications to
do? i've installed the alsa-driver but i don't get sound.
my system includes a dvb-s-1.6 (not 1.3 as i said ...)
an soundblaster live 5.1 (emu10k1)
and i want the sound from vdr on the 5.1 system plugged in the soundcard
, you know what I mean?
I there a way to do it?
Thanks Armin