[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.1.30

Christian Jacobsen wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> > - Now turning off live PIDs when replaying. This avoids short spikes from
> > other
> >   channels when switching between Transfer Mode channels, and also lets an
> > ongoing
> >   replay continue even if a recording is started on the primary device.
>
> I tested that yesterday and it is now much better than before :)
> But if then channel needs to be changed for a recording on the Primary card
> I have distorted sound and missing frames while VDR is doing that.
>
> Here is what I did. As I have 2 cards I started a recording on the 2nd card
> that was running for the whole test series.
> Then i switched to RTL and programmed a recording on RTL for 2 min. later
> and started replaying a recording. Everything went well the second recording
> started on the Primary card and I did not notice any problems.
> Then I programmed a recording on Pro7 (primary still switched to RTL but not
> recording anylonger) and started replaying the same recording as before.
> When the recording on the Primary (for pro7) started there was distorted
> sound and missing frames. I tried it 2 times and on both I had the same
> result.
>
> So maybe there is a small glitch somewhee ?
> If it can't be fixed then you could put a message on the OSD and pause the
> replay for the time it takes to switch channel and start the recording :)

Maybe the driver can't replay while it is switching the transponder (at least
I couldn't see where such a problem would exist in VDR itself). I also observe
a small glitch in replaying if the transponder on theprimary card is switched,
but I don't this it would justify actually pausing replay - that would be an
even bigger interrupt.

> Then I have noticed a couple of times that wenn using the "Timeshift pause"
> feature I had a distorted picture (somehow teared apart in "stripes") and
> black screen as reported earlyer by someone else. A recording on the second
> card was running at that time so that it probably could be compared with a
> single card system.

Take a look at cRecordControls::PauseLiveVideo() (in menu.c) and try
different values in the two sleep() calls. Maybe there is just not enough
data available yet when the replay is started.

Klaus