[vdr] Re: VDR able to run with DXR3 only?

Am Son, 2003-05-11 um 15.23 schrieb Oliver Joa:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 11 May 2003, Rene Bartsch wrote:
>

> > This definitely works!
> >
> > You need the DXR3-plugin for use with DXR3/Hollywood H+-cards.
> >
> > And the client/server-streaming-plugin if you want to make your DXR3-box
> > a complete VDR-machine (or NFS-share for playback only).
>
> Complete VDR? Is it possible to program timers on the client which are
> recorded on the server? Or do I have to program it via vdradmin directly
> on the server?

No, recordings programmed on the client run on the client. But after
release of 1.2.0 Klaus will restructure VDR for plugins with extended
fuctions.

> Is it now possible to synchronize timers/recordings on two or more VDRs?
> So that I can program a timer on one VDR which is then recorded on a other
> (free) VDR (perhaps a server with Budged-Cards only)?

No. Use VDR-admin.

But with the client/server-streaming-plugin you can share tuners between
VDRs (the plugin-server simply sends the complete TS to the client where
the plugin acts as virtual DVB-card). If a box hasn't enough tuner
frontends it can simply call the TS from another box and record it.

One of setups I'm maintaining is a server with three budgets,
client/server-streaming for http and one VDR-client (formerly with DXR3,
now with DVB-s as overlay didn't work well with DXR3).

Rene