[vdr] Re: DVB-T based systems - does anyone have one that reallyis usable ?

Gregor Lawatscheck wrote:
> At 09:40 12/05/2003, you wrote:
>>Well this is something I hadn't thought of. When vdr goes into its restart
>>loop (when recording and watching), it does run for about a
>>minute before disaster happens. Could it be EPG scan ? Since I live in the
>>UK and the EPG is, umm, next to useless, I was going to try
>>the xmltv thing (if I could ever get the dependencies sorted out) and if I
>>do this I can EPG scan altogether, right ?
>>
>>So perhaps my next experiment is to kill, or at least slow right down EPG
>>scan ?
>
> Sounds like an interesting experiment - maybe it is EPG related after all
> but I think I've tried setting all EPG settings in channels.conf to 0 just
> to make sure it's not that. However completely pulling the code might be a
> safter solution to test this.

I doubt that it has something to do with EPG per se. The EPG scan just
happens to tune to all possible channels and is therefore more likely to
hit the bug. IMO it is a tuning bug - not a EPG problem.
By the way: reloading dvb-ttpci.o gets the card going again.

Unfortunately my DVB-T card isn't supported by the old driver so I
cannot test it with the old ones.

Cheers,
Juri