[vdr] Re: Canīt watch "Bayrisches Fernsehen"

Am Mittwoch, 14. Mai 2003 14:12 schrieb Emil Naepflein:
> > this info should go in the osdteletext README ;-)
>
> Much better would be to fix the problem. ;-)

I can confirm the problem. The channels do not broadcast anything on the PIDs
given. This means in the first place that your channels.conf is broken. The
plugin cannot know this in advance, it gets the PID via channel->TPid().
As the plugin creates the only receiver if no recordings and no transfer mode
is active, VDR assumes the driver crashed :-(

However, channels might temporarily not broadcast teletext, and the PID may
change anyway, so there should be a user friendly solution to this.

Any suggestions? IMO it should be done in VDR since the plugin should not do
anything but use the API.
VDR should not say "video data stream broken" when no video PIDs are
requested. ;-)

Marcel