[vdr] Re: Problems Recording some FTA.

At 16:01 18/05/2003, you wrote:
Ummm..  'buffer empty' has been commented out in av7110.c, so maybe the
description needs to be changed..
True :) or better yet fixed so buffer underflows don't actually occur during normal replay.

The routine in av7110.c goes

if (len<blen || blen > dlen) {
printk("buffer empty:\n");
wake_up(&buf->queue);
return -1;
}

If I understand correctly the av7110 code calculates the buffer size from the PES packet size of the current packet plus an additional 6 bytes (what are those for)? If the available space in the ring buffer (len) is smaller than the packet size derived from the PES header (blen) then "buffer empty" is indicated.
Shouldn't this be more like "buffer overflow"?

Moreover if blen is larger than 2048 (see case DATA_MPEG_PLAY) the buffer is supposed to be empty? I guess I must misunderstand this but it bemuses me. How does this make sense? Again it's more like "buffer overflow"? It seems some channels send oversized PES packets from time to time (and when they do mostly in succession of three or so).

- Gregor

- Gregor