[vdr] Re: Usage of Teletext information for Program Guide

> In the Netherlands, the Dutch channels (public and commercial) only
send
> out the information on the current and the next program in the EPG
data.
> I was wondering if any ever had tried to parse the teletext
information
> (like page 201 for channel "Nederland 1"), and to insert this data
into
> the EPG data. In this way , the Schedule information of VDR would be
> able to list information for at least one whole day. I've checked
> http://www.cadsoft.de/people/kls/vdr/plugins.htm,  http://vdrnews.de
> and  http://vdrportal.de, but I did not find any plugin which uses the
> teletext for EPG data.

Hi,

It is possible to extract a 72-hour (3 whole days) EPG for all dutch
channels via satellite but this info is transmitted as Canal+
proprietary information on pids 210 and 211 on transponder 12515H.  JC
Repetto posted (along time ago, look in the archives) a small app
(mhwepg) to parse the streams and produce an epg.data format file but
this was never updated to use the newer epg.data format used in VDR.

I have updated a version of the original code and can let you have it,
although you may wish to ask the original author if he has made any
further advances http://jrepetto.free.fr/

On the subject of a plugin...  Is there an internal method of appending
entries to the EPG, without telnetting to the SVDRP server from a
plugin????
I think it would be fairly trivial to make a simple plugin to import
this proprietry EPG data.

Regards

redband.