[vdr] Re: About the HTTP-problems with STREAMDEV-plugin

Am Mit, 2003-05-21 um 21.37 schrieb Sascha Volkenandt:
> Am Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2003 02:57 schrieb Rene Bartsch:
> > What I don't like with the VDR-VDR-solution is the need of additional
> > hardware (loading DVB-driver -> starting vdr -> starting KVDR).
>
> What additional *hardware* do you mean?! What is the equipment of your client?
> The VDR-to-VDR streaming was designed for clients outputting over a cheap
> DXR-card so no expensive Nexus (esp. DVB-drivers, need of X-Windows for KVDR
> etc) will be needed!

I had a DXR3 inside, but overlay is awful (loop-through decreases
signal-quality of GFX and overlay doesn't work reliable).
Hardware is also limited in case of changes (data-format or data-rate
for HDTV, ...). And hardware needs PCI-slots and causes
hardware-conflicts -> that's why I like the soft-player solution. ;o)

Rene