[vdr] Re: VDR without DVB card?

At 13:46 27/05/2003, you wrote:

Before I go and buy (another) dvb-c reciever, I'd like to play around
with VDRs playback abilities via the mplayer plugin by using only a Dxr3
or Hollywood+ card. Is this setup possible?
Yes, mplayer provides holywood+ / dxr3 output. Moreover there's a plugin for vdr to use a dxr3 as decoder which has been reported to work rather well by now. See http://www.schluenss.de/DXR3.html . It uses transfermode to play back data from a DVB card, so it should be fairly easy to feed data to it from elsewhere.

Will the software even load
without a DVB-tuner and can I use the UI to playback DVD/VCD/etc?
Yes, as long as you have at least a dxr3 or equivalen I don't see why not.