[vdr] Re: AW: Looking for streaming windows client

Sorry, I should have mentioned this...

The reason I suggest VideoLAN / mplayer is because they support HTTP
playback so the TV picture appears almost immediately after you request
the URL..

The VDR Stream Player from www.m-i-b-u.de is built for the older stream
plugin using multicast and requires a Windows MPEG2 demux/filter (like
the Elecard one), and takes 10-15 seconds before the TV picture
appears...

VDRSP is a nice application and the r/c and channel list are very
comfortable, but the multicast gives me problems (USB wireless card...),
and the channel-change speed is too slow...

I have written to the author about 2 weeks ago regarding HTTP support,
but have had no response as yet...

gdh