[vdr] Re: lirc_serial modul doesn't work with the VdrNFSroot mini distribution

On Saturday 05 July 2003 10:55, you wrote:
> Sascha Volkenandt <lists@magoa.net> wrote:
> > At Freitag, 4. Juli 2003 17:53 Thomas Glomann wrote:
> > > Yes my serial ports are activated and they are recognized by the
> > > linux kernel. But I don't think it's a hardware issue because
> > > yesterday night when i first tried to load the lirc module on the
> > > client it seemed to work. It definately said the magic    low
> > > receiver. but then VDR complained about not being able to connect to
> > > /dev/lircd.  I don't know what I did then, just played around and
> > > tried things out until I got to bed.  And today, it is rather the
> > > other way round. VDR shows me the"Learn Keys screen" but my IR
> > > doesnt receive anything.
>
> 1. compile the kernel WITHOUT serial driver support
> 2. make sure your receiver is connected to the right port
> 3. load lirc_serial.o
> 4. you should see it detect the receiver
> 5. remove the remote.conf file (if there is one)
> 6. start lircd with lircd /path/to/lircd.conf
> 7. start vdr (hopefully compiled with lirc support, REMOTE=LIRC)
>
> if you use vdr-nfsroot from http://www.thf.ath.cx, there should be
> allready all nodes in /dev.
>
> hope this helps ...
> clemens

Thanks a lot to all for your help !!

But as often the solution was too simple to find it too soon ;)
I always had connected the receiver to the 1st serial port (ttyS0) and there
it generally refused to work. I really tried anything but it just wouldnt
work.
And then , after many many hours, I connected it to the 2nd port, and guess
what, yeah, it fuckin' worked ! Jesus. I think everyone can understand how
bullshited I felt ;)

Now everything works on my Pentium133 w/ 64 MB RAM and nfsroot. However, mp3
playback is choppy sometimes.  maybe i o/c it to 150 ...

servus

Thomas