[vdr] OSD question

Hi folks,

everybody says, the OSD is a very limited resource. But how limited is ist? How much memory is avaliable for OSD?

I'm asking because I don't like the 4-color display of the osd-teletext plugin. The docs read that only 2bpp (4 colors) is avaliable. 3bpp (8 colors) would require too much memory.

I took a look at some VDR OSD's, e.g. the "What's next". I can see at least 7 colors here:

- white (Text)
- gray (transparent background)
- cyan (selection)
- red, yellow, green, blue (buttons at the bottom)
- and maybe black (text in these buttons).

as these "screens" or "windows" are quite big, they sould reqiure lots of memory.

Could someone please explain this to me?

TIA, Michael

--
netWorks Vox: +43 316 698260
Michael Reinelt Fax: +43 316 692343