[vdr] Re: problems with multi window 256 color osd

Andreas 'powARman' Regel wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I am doing some experiments with an osd containing of multiple windows
> of different color depths. But there are problems with 256 color
> windows. If the 256 color part of the osd uses more than about 16
> colors, the colors of the other windows are changing.
>
> Here is an example plugin demonstrating the error:
> http://www.powarman.de/files/vdr-osderror-0.0.1.tgz
>
> There are 2 windows, one with 4 colors and one with 256 colors next to
> it. The first window shows some rectangles with blue, red and white
> color, the second is empty after the start of the plugin. With every
> press of the red button a rectangle is drawn in the second window. The
> rectangle becomes smaller and lighter in color with every press. After
> a while the colors of the first window are changing to the current
> color of the second window.
>
> I am using the DVB driver of 16.06.2003 and vdr 1.2.1

The AV7110 contains a Color LookUp Table (CLUT) that provides a total
of 256 entries. These can be used for a single 256 color window, or for
several (up to) 16 color windows.

So I'm afraid if you want to use a 256 color window, you can use _only_
that window, no other (2, 4, 8 or 16 color) windows (otherwise you will
get the effects you have reported).

Klaus