[vdr] Re: unknwon picture type / error in data stream

Tilo Renkl wrote:
Hi,

I have read an article in the actual 'ct (german) about that. 'ct
writes that Suse kernels (8.1 and 8.2) have problems with that, and
so I disabled that (noapic and pci=niacpi), but after running
VDR for four days and about 15 recodings, I got that "unknown
picture type" error once again :-((.
check your dmesg file (on redhat systems... it contains kernel output on boot).
2.4.20/2.4.21 seems to have a bug with the "noapic" parameters. apic is enabled, with or without the parameter :). i am compiling a kernel without support for it and report the result...

Now I do not know anything else to test, because I really changed
everything in every combination and allways got that f**king
error after one to fout days !
me too...

what mobo chipset do you have? i really think this is the problem... i never got such problems with my old asus k7m 500mhz system...

bye

--
(manuel hartl / it services)
(web - http://www.hartl-it.de)