[vdr] Re: OT: DD-Receiver/Amplifier

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Sebastian Kemper wrote:

> Lauri Tischler wrote:
> > Stefan Lang wrote:
> >
> >> 1) Which DD-Receiver fits best to vdr?
> >> 2) What Power (Watts) is needed to hear DD-Sound with high quality?
> >> 3) I want to hear my MP3s with it, also in a good quality! (the room
> >> is somethng about 35qm)! To my first vdr-box a highend Amplifier, 2 x
> >> Monoblocks with adequate  speakers are attached.... I don't want to be
> >> disappointed about poor sound of the second system! So which
> >> DD-Receiver is also usable as a really good (Pre-)Amplifier? Producer,
> >> type, source, price?
> >> 4) Which Speakerset should I buy? Again producer, type, source, price?
> >
> > Sony DAV-DS1000, about EUR 3000.-
> >
> I take it like is what meant, right :D
>
> I hope we all know that the signal quality of the TT DVB both audio and
> video is not HighEnd.

Decent integrated A/V receiver about 600e, decent sub around 600e and
decent small speakers about 300e a piece. Totals 2700e. You can't get a
decent home theater for much less. And thats just decent, not high end.

As for the sound quality you can get from DVB, Dolby Digital is just as
good as it is on DVDs and dts a notch better, but of course you can get
that only from DVD.

As for the brands, just go to a store, listen to some equipment in this
price range, choose the ones you like and you're set. The output watts
don't really mean that much, they are bloated anyway and 600e should in
any case get you enough watts for home use.

Forget all the Creative crap.

Anyway, OT, end of discussion. You should ask these questions somewhere
else and I know I shouldn't have replied at all.

	-jake

--
Jarkko Santala <jake@iki.fi>            http://www.iki.fi/~jake/
System Administrator                    2001:670:83:f08::/64