[vdr] Make.config question

Hi !

I tried today to use the Make.config. I have renamed it to Make.config and
changed some values according to my needs. F.i. I have defined VIDEODIR as in
the example to my own dir. A quick test showed:

./vdr
vdr: can't access video directory /video

How is that supposed to work ? The values in Make.config doesn't seem to
overwrite any default values. And if this somehow works, is there a magig
keyword to to change the default for -c to ?
(Yep I know i can use -v)

Any hints ?

Thanks

Steffen