[vdr] Re: RGB-out problem

On Monday 04 August 2003 06:36, you wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 21:03:48 +0200, Thomas Glomann <dromtom@web.de>
>
> wrote:
> > I disconnected pin4 (spdif) and voila, no pattern. excellent picture and
> > at least stereo sound via scart.
> > Why hadn't I tried this earlier :-\ ...
> > now ,  i have to come up with an idea to make spdif work again...
>
> Have you terminated all the signals with 75 Ohm?
>
> AFAIK the signals have to be terminated somewhere, otherwise they may
> pick up interference easily.
> The other point is to use extremely thin 75 Ohm koax and/or other
> shielded cable.
>
> Emil

No, nothing is terminated. Don't even know how I would do that ;) or maybe
they even are terminated and I just don't know it.

Nevertheless, it works now, both RGB and SPDIF!

As to SPDIF, I created a kindof shield to the pin4 cable. Just wrapped lots of
aluminium (folie) around the small cable. Now , the interference is gone and
SPDIF is working. Very "spacy" look now ;)

BTW, I would like to learn a little about soldering and electronics (from a
practical approach) or in other words I need some kindof guide how to handle
a soldering device. and how and why i need termination of signals and so on.
So if anyone knows some good webpages, please let me know.