[vdr] How to launch the vdr GUI ?

Hello all,

I’m new to Linux DVB world and I need you help with vdr software.

I’ve got:

- RedHat 9
- 2.4.21 new and clean kernel with all modules needed by vdr
- DVB driver correctly installed (the card is fully recognized)
- vdr-1.2.1 well compiled and installed

In fact, everything is OK.

When I launch runvdr, a compilation step appears and the program stays on the following message:

sync

and no GUI appears !!

With dmesg and in the /var/log/messages, I’ve got no errors. I can see that my DVB card is recognized and all modules needed for it are loaded.

I tried to launch directly vdr with no options and no GUI but I’ve got some sound sometimes!!!

What do I miss ?
Can someone tell me how to have the GUI? parameters, tips, etc

I need info that could help me to solve this issue.

Thanks and gratz all for your great job

Regards,

D.