[vdr] Re: lirc + via M10000 + 2.6.0 (lirc patched)

lphn> Why did you symlink /dev/lirc and /dev/ttyS0 ?
lphn> "lirc_serial" is connected to /dev/lirc ( I don't remember Major and
lphn> Minor-Number, because I Am at work )
lphn> The "lircd" reads /dev/lirc and interprets the raw-data coming in and
lphn> answers on a domain-socket.

Yes, and according lirc istruction you have to symlink the serial
(/dev/ttyS0) or create a char device (mknod /dev/lirc c 61 0) based on
which sensor do you have.
I think I have to symlink, anyway I also tried mknod but it crashed
the kernel...

Ciao Uberto

mailto:uberto@ubiland.net