[vdr] Tip for the MP3-plugin

Hi,

We've been using the MP# plugin for quite some time and been very happy
with it, works like a charm all the time.

However, is it possible to do something that would easily and without
any need for the TV turn on a given playlist? My wife has a playlist she
uses when she does Qui-Gong (a bit like Tai Chi), and she would rather not
have to turn on the TV and find the playlist, she'd like to be able to
press one single key or two to activate the playlist. Is that possible
with VDR and the MP3 plugin?

One solution I've come to think about is doing an external script that
sends "key" commands using SVDRP to navigate through the menu hiearchy
until the proper playlist is found. This script would then be activated
through the normal VDR "Commands". It is however quite error prone and
will fail as soon as something changes in the directory hierarchy where
the mp3:s are stored.

A better way would be to use the same scheme to find a predefined playlist
in another source, but that I can't seem to get to work. I've defined the
following two sources for the MP3 plugin:

	/opt/mp3;MP3 archive;0;*.mp3
	/opt/mp3/playlists;Playlists;0;*.m3u

Only the first can ever be seen, the latter one is silently ignored and
never seems to show up anywhere. So apparently I've done something wrong,
but what?

Or are there any better ways of automatically activating a given playlist
or "directory" (we don't really use playlists, as they don't work)?

Regards,
    Chakie

--
   Crowley was in Hell's bad books. Not that Hell has any other kind.
                           -- Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens