[vdr] Re: No encrypted channels with Siemens DVB-C

Patrick Maier wrote:

> From: "Klaus Schmidinger" <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de>
> > Patrick Maier wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I've build a VDR for a friend with cable-access.
> > > It works all fine except for the encrypted channels...
> > > I've configured the VDR like that:
> > > At the channels.conf the field for CA is set 101 for Premiere.
> > > In the ca.conf 101 for Premiere
> > > In the Setup for VDR for the first card both set to 101
> > >
> > > I've installed VDR 1.2.1 with linux-dvb.2003-06-08
> > > Siemens DVB-C with Analog-Modul and CAM-Adapter
> > > Irdeto CA-Module with Premiere-Abbo-Card
> > > (CAM works here with my VDR at Sattelite)
> >
> > Please try the latest CVS version of the DVB driver.
> > It contains a new firmware that fixes a problem with some
> > versions of the CiMAX chip that's located on the CI module.
> > Maybe this helps.
>
> Hi,
> Ive installed the VDR-1.2.2 with linux-dvb.2003-08-01
> but there is still no picture... just epg-data...
> And in the CAM-menu if I try to acces the Menu with the red button there
> comes the answer:
> "CAM-Menü konnte nicht geöffnet werden"
>
> the output of the /var/log/syslog is here:
> http://www.djdagobert.com/vdr/vdr-error.txt

What's missing from the log are some lines like

Aug 18 20:49:02 video vdr[579]: CAM: Irdeto 0CDF, 01, 1702, 1702

This would indicate that VDR has established a connection to
the CAM. However, I don't know why this doesn't work for you.
Maybe you could try inserting the CAM into the other slot (the CI
has two slots).

Klaus