[vdr] Re: VDR -> DVD

> If have heard that there is a non-X version (command line tool) of the
> ds.jar that does not require Java.
No, .jar (JavaARchive) always needs Java. :-)
.jar contains only the compiled Java-classes in some kind of
zip-archive. To run it you still need the Java-runtime.

> Is this correct? If so, where can I
> find it? I don't like to install X and Java just to convert the files.
To prevent a misunderstanding: "X" is the successor of "ds.jar" and has
nothing to do with X11.
I'm not sure if you can run X from commandline (never tried), but I think
so. But you need a Java-runtime (JRE) anyway.

Regards,
  Roland