[vdr] Re: Playing DVD ?

Tilo Renkl wrote:

> > > All I wanted to say is: I can wait until linux gets
> > ultra-high-end-hifi
> > > ready :)
> >
> > You can allways start by getting a pair of good loudspeakers,
> > Like BEOLAB 5, if you want multichannel stuff get 3 pairs.
> > Note HiFI is _not_ sold in pc-shops.
> >
> Sorry guys, I was talking of the general usability of the
> DVD-Plugin, not about wired sound-gimmiks like "I can not play
> 24Bit@96kHz" or something like that.
> I would not talk about a seat in a car that is uncomfortable, if the
> car itself does nearly not drive at all.
>
> For now it would really be nice if any coder could just manage
> that the *basic* funktions of DVD-Playback work.

Well, what _are_ the _basic_ functions?

I was able to play the movie and all the additional features
of my DVDs, so I'd say the _basic_ functions do work.
Sure, I had to sometimes "blindly" navigate through the menus,
because the still images didn't display correctly, but apart
from that and the fact that FF/FR doesn't work, I _was_ able
to watch the movies...

This doesn't mean that I think the DVD plugin is working just fine,
I just wanted to make clear what "basic functions" means (to me).

Klaus