[vdr] Re: Exit state handling in runvdr

Am Die, 2003-08-26 um 18.54 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:

> > Hmmm. From your own definition, the current would be the correct. Any
> > exitcode other than that three I would suspect to be a bug. Otherwise
> > the one you mention is correct too and the recover from an error is
> > safer.
>
> If VDR exits in any "normal" way, it will return one of the exit
> states 1, 2 or 3, respectively. What I was worried about was if it
> exists for some unexpected reason, like a segfault, for instance.

It seems I've lost the plot.

If I understand well, VDR exits with 0 at normal shutdown, 1 when it has
to be restarted, and 2 when a config-file is broken (but you told broken
config-files will be ignored now ...).

Please, enlighten the world of exit-codes as I want to finish my
init-script ...

--
Rene Bartsch

Facsimile/Phone: +49 7 00/72 27 87 24