[vdr] Re: Playing DVD ?

On Wednesday 27 August 2003 12:25, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 08:07:02PM +0200, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> >
> > Can you confirm that VIDEO_STILLPICTURE_WORKS_WITH_VDR_FRAMES enabled
> > and the following patch against DVB CVS gives perfect results?
> > Removing the iframe stuff did the trick.
> > (I cannot see why one should insert a iframe header here.)
> >

> I'll try that.  Btw: maybe there are applications around which do
> not use an iframe start header for full picture frames (picture
> viewers e.g.) ... a simple check for this could be:

Could be done, but I prefer to have a simple and clean interface...
According to the API spec for VIDEO_STILLPICTURE, 'the input data shall
contain an I-frame. If the pointer is NULL, then the current displayed
still picture is blanked.'

Well, this doesn't explicitly state that there *must* be a I-frame
header, but there is no hint that a I-frame without header might
be sent. Maybe it was an attempt to implement the NULL pointer
part of the spec, but this will probably not work (not tested).

I'll take this issue to the dvb mailing list. But first we should have
a solution which makes vdr happy. ;-)

Oliver