[vdr] Re: Playing DVD ?

Hi Andreas,

> On Thursday 28 August 2003 16:35, Tilo Renkl wrote:
> > As I many many times wrote here and on every board:
> >
> > Why don't we use Xine for DVD-Playback ? The only thing to do is
>
> Apparently, you know a lot more than i about xine, so why
> don't you do it?

Same shit different day. -> I am not a coder :-((
(But I try to learn C++)

> > to integrate the dvb API for output (DXR3 works already).
>
> The DXR3 is a completly different beast.

Yes. "beast" ist the right word. What I meant was, that Xine
can already to a realtime-encoding to mpeg. When I remember
right it was the same thing with mplayer.
Maybe it is possible to use Xine for the DVD-Playback and pipe
its output to mplayer for dvb-output.

Tilo