[vdr] Re: Ghost folder

hi :-)

> Please check whether there is a recording in the C folder
> that does not correspond to the structure of the other
> recordings in that area (it may be one level "too high").

klaus, i think the problem is in the sorting alg. of vdr
i have it tracked down to:
if you have an dir with recordings in subdirs (periodic timer)
and another one with an single-recording (one shot timer)
and the name of them diff`s only after a special character
(in this case the " ' " letter) vdr does not detect a difference
in the both names and sort ALL recordings not by their
name but by there date (this is correct because vdr
"thinks" the two names do not diff)

this also appears (in my case) with the " ! " letter

to reproduce this, generate two (or more) dirs with
subdirs of recordings with alternating ctime and
then put in an LSTR command and look for the
output

example:

[mrq1@mrqserv2 /video]$ ls -l Ke*
Ke:
total 0
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root           39 Sep 29 23:32 Da/
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root           39 Sep 26 23:32 Di/
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root           39 Sep 30 23:32 Ei/
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root           39 Oct  1 23:32 Sp1/
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root           39 Oct  2 23:32 Sp2/

Ke!:
total 0
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root           39 Oct  3 00:36 Dem/
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root           72 Oct  3 05:47 Det/
[mrq1@mrqserv2 /video]$ ./svdrpsend.pl LSTR | grep -i Ke
250-10 26.09 23:32* Ke~Di
250-11 29.09 23:32* Ke~Da
250-12 30.09 23:32* Ke~Ei
250-13 01.10 15:12  Ke!~Dem
250-14 01.10 23:32* Ke~Sp1
250-15 02.10 15:17* Ke!~Det
250-16 02.10 23:32* Ke~Sp2
250-17 03.10 05:47* Ke!~Det
[mrq1@mrqserv2 /video]$

in the LSTR the sorting is not correct, as also on the OSD

hope this helps you, klaus :-)

mfg hermann