[vdr] Re: vdr doesn´t get the input from the keyboard

Siegfried Haas schrieb:

_cooper_ schrieb:

Hello Siegfried,

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Siegfried Haas wrote:

What´s to do? how can I switch the keyboard, so that vdr gets the input?
Let VDR read from a TTY, so edit the runvdr script that VDR gets called like
this:
vdr .... < /dev/tty12

Then switch to Console 12 ([Ctrl][Alt][F12], or "chvt 12"), where *no* Getty
(see /etc/inittab) must run.

Hi,

I am still trying to get my vdr1.2.5 on SuSE 8.1 running vom tty8.
Another feature, I have figured out is, that vdr only get's the input when started as superuser after graphical login via KDE as a normal user, then opening a shell and changing to superuser and running "runvdr" without funktion -t...tty8.
When trying the same in runlevel 3 - login as normal user (not user vdr), than changing to superuser and runing runvdr - vdr again doesn't get the input allthough I am running "runvdr" without the funktion -t ....tty8. Isn't it weard?

Siegfried Haas

thank's for answering.
The interesting part of my inittab maybe is:

# getty-programs for the normal runlevels
# The "id" field  MUST be the same as the last
# characters of the device (after "tty").
1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty --noclear tty1
2:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty2
3:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty3
4:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty4
5:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty5
6:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty6

Do I have to edit this part? And if, how?

Thank you and by

Siegfried