[vdr] Re: Small patch for unused TOT

Andreas Trauer wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  in eit.c in method  cSIProcessor::Action() the Time Offset Table is not
> evaluated therefore its filter should not be activated in
> cSIProcessor::SetStatus(). When this is disabled then there is no
> problem with the dsyslog line anymore, that once was printed with every
> TOT packet.

Adopted for version 1.3.0.
I did drop the entire 'else' branch with the dsyslog() stuff, though,
since I think this is unnecessary.

> BTW: Why is the filter mask set to 0xfe for the EITs (0x50/0x60)? The
> ETSI standard says 0x50-0x5F and 0x60-0x6F are usable for event
> information. Are any other documents specifying only the first two table
> IDs per type as relevant? I would suggest to extend it to mask 0xf0, but
> that makes more changes in the code necessary, that expects only
> 0x50/0x51 and 0x60/0x61.

IIRC some tests back then showed that only the first two ids
actually carried any data. Maybe you could chekc this again to
see whether there is actually something broadcast on the other ids.

Klaus