[vdr] vdr killed my video archive

Hi,

the subject says it all. vdr deleted nearly my complete video archive
collected througout the last two years.

The situation: I'm using vdr 1.2.2 (with some plugins and the elchi
patch), started with "-V /video0".
   /video0      120 GB       Directories/partitions for
   /video1      100 GB       current revordings

   /video0/zzz_Mehr_Videos       ->  /videos1 (The archive. Note the
   /video0/zzz_Noch_mehr_Videos  ->  /videos2  extra "s", 160 + 120 GB)

video1 is nearly full, and now, over the weekend, video0 also became
rather full while a recording was active. Obviously, vdr tried to get
some space by deleting old recordings. But instead of deleting on the
_configured_ directories /video0 and /video1 (which would have been no
problem at all) vdr killed the recordings in the archive. An extremely
ugly and unnecessary action because there have been about 20 GB of free
space on each of the partitions /videos1 and /videos2. Needless to say
that deleting one recording did not raise the amount of free space for
the current recording, so vdr deleted the next one, and so forth. Only
the newest recordings survived. An also needless to say that the
active recording was set up to go to /video0 directly.

I don't know, if this is a bug (YES, in my view) or if this is
"working as designed". But, if there is a support for multiple
recording directories (we had that on the list just some days ago),
there should not be such a really bad misbehaviour. When the program
sees that it runs out of space for the current recording, it does not
make sense to delete on completely different partitions.

So everybody, you have been warned. With angry greetings, Ingo

--
* Ingo Janetzki                              Phone: +49-6221-1486-12 *