[vdr] Re: Media Detection 0.0.9 - Feature Request

Am Dienstag, 21. Oktober 2003 14:25 schrieb Christian Jacobsen:
> >but you never stop learning :). Can you
> >also _mount_ the ISO that way (i.e. mount /dev/dvd /mnt after
> >symlinking)?
>
> Good question, I'll have to try.
> If not, how does the DVD plugin get it's hands on the Files or whatever it
> needs ?

It reads directly from the device...

> As you said one never stop learning ;) Could you please enlighten me, what
> does mounting loop-back mean ?

See Clemens Kirchgatterer's posting :-)

Basically you could do something like
if [ -h /dev/dvd ] ; then
  mount -o loop /dev/dvd /media/dvd
else
  mount /dev/dvd
fi

instead of the plain mount inside mount.sh. Don't have the time to test, since
I'm responding from holiday :-) But maybe this gives you a start...

Greetings,
Sascha