[vdr] Re: bitstreamout-0.48pre3

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 04:20:24AM +0200, Sven Goethel wrote:

> this is a topic todo.
> well, thats the reason i started the question:
> "dvb_get_delay/timestamp ?" here and in the dvb ML,
> but i got no answer yet :-(
>
> we really need to know the delay, or currently timestamp
> of video just played to make it lypsync .. sorry,
> no solution till the driver does support a way to tell us ..

Hmmm ... the problem is: how this could be done.  The
HW synch scheme has AFAIK no possiblity to get time
stamps or something similar.  And even if, you have
to get this trigger in real time from the firmware into
the kernel space (PCI or i2c) and then upto the user
space program ... and this is IMHO not that easy ;^)

... the question is: what's wrong with a real hardware
connection over a shielded cable from the DVB card
to a sound card or A/V receiver?

      Werner