[vdr] Re: a new idea?

> But I would not recommend to use the TV as a web browser. PAL
> is 720*576 with the visible part being even smaller, so I don't
> think it is fun reading a web page on TV.

But it is better than _nothing_. There are set-top boxes with
same limitation (PAL) and they show web pages very well on
RGB-SCART -output. (Soon on my web page will be instructions
how to modify Siemens scart-cable for other cards with video
signal buffering).

With larger font you just need more scrolling but you can use it.

Currently I have go to another room from my sofa, boot up the
computer to use web. But if I had usb mouse/keyboard with X11
tv-output I could do it from my sofa. With standard web browser
I could even use Internet bank..

Do you know this commercial VDR 'competitor':
http://www.broadbandbox.net
It is a bit expensive and I'd like to see same features on
VDR. And probably via X-server we can make box with similar
features.

BR, Jori