[vdr] Re: Feature Request: record the whole movie in timeshiftmode

Hi Klaus,

Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:
Ari Huttunen wrote:
I wonder.. Maybe I'm wrong but I was under the impression that in DVB
the programs have a PID, and that it would be separate for different
programs? I've about no knowledge of the DVB spec, but if that would be
so, VDR could just wait for the program to end?

BTW, I don't see why record-this-channel-now functionality should have
any timer.

The recording facilities are implemented based on timers.
I don't think it would be a good idea to implement an additional
facility just for timeshift.
I don't really got the fact, whether there is exact knowledge, that the current movie is done. But if vdr could really see that, it would be nice, to have a prolongation as a general timer feature. That means, any time, a timer is done, but the movie isn't done, it should record up to the end of the movie. This would help, recordings movies after Thomas Gottschalk. Of course, the problem would be, to catch, what is to be taken as 'the movie'. But if one could switch it on or off for each timer, it wouldn't at least hurt anybody.

Martin