[vdr] Re: Feature request for vdr-subtitles: record allsubtitlelanguages

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> I'll ceratinly get to the point where I'll integrate these things into
> the core VDR code one day, but please understand that subtitles have
> virtually no priority for me. If I watch a movie I prefer the original
> English version - personally I find subtitles rather annoying...
> Klaus

Well, there's no need to integrate all subtitling code into the VDR
core as the plugins are doing their job nicely, but the current need of
patching of vanilla VDR in order to get these plugins working is rather
annoying... if you could just implement the additional interface they
need like non-interactive-osd, etc.

Personally I find subtitles a pretty neat feature when a movie/document
originates from the Far East or southern Europe or .. surely you don't
need them if the language is one of the nordic ones or english or even
german, but there's a life outside too and my life is too short to learn
all them ;)

--
rofa